So…Heather’s first doctor’s appointment is today, Wednesday, at like one I do believe. Unfortunately I can’t go due to school. She is getting an ultrasound so she will know how far along she is. She already went to Heartbeats once to get proof that she was pregnant so she could get the medical card and they told her that they were thinking that she was eight of nine weeks along. She didn’t think that she was quite that far along, but she will find at for sure today. I can’t wait until she finds out if it’s a boy or girl, which, of course, will be a few months. She said that she wants a little girl, but I know that she’ll love it the same no matter the sex. I told her that I want her to have a little boy; boys are easier to take care I’ve been told.
As soon as she found out, she told the dad and he got scared and ran. It’s been about a week and he already came back apologizing. I don’t think he’ll stay in the picture the whole time, unfortunately; I really do hope so though. Heather said that she is going to try to maintain two jobs for a little while, but she realizes that she can’t do it forever. She informed me that she’d quit Steak n Shake when she is about seven months along. I still don’t think that it has suck completely into her head that she is pregnant. She did quit smoking though which is a good thing, but she still has a lot to accomplish in the next seven, or so, months.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
It touched me deeply, I think the dad is a jerk for running away from the responsiblity of comforting his girl friend instead of comforting her. I hope that he doesn't go away. I can't stand when people don't want clain their half of the responsiblity (generally men) and they should realize that it's a partnership not a responsiblity of one when it comes to an innosent child.
i think that it is good that you are going to be there for her she will really need you soon. when she starts getting that big belly and losing that little waist. ya that sucks. but also if he is not there not will be another issue in itself. ya i think they do say that girls are harder to raise especially if the mom is raising her. you know how a mother and daughter bond is lmao
sounds like she will be a very good caring mother. it's good she quit smoking. i have a friend who recently had a kid and smoked all through the pregnancy. i think it's just stupid to take such a risk with your own child. your friend sounds like she is more commited to the child and making sure everything works out ok. hopefully everything does work out out for the best especially with the father situation.
Wonderful post, Alyssa. With this and the following post, I'm really starting to get interested in Heather's (and the child's) development. This little blog can really turn into something she'd like to look back at.
Good link too.
Post a Comment